Thursday, April 23, 2009

Once Upon a Time....In DisneyWorld

Compartir

Hey guys! Sorry for being so lazy with the blog, but I'm back on track now.


Oh my God, I have to tell you about the amazing food I got to try on Disney World. I read that they were vegan friendly but I had no idea how much they really were.


I'll try not to make this post long, but I make no promises.



The first day there we didn't dine on a resturant because we were using the disney dining plan and we used one dinner to eat on the Cinderella Castle, I know, how cool is that? So the first day we ate a veggie burger with fries on Hollywood studios. It was delicious! Who knew they had veggie burgers?!






I know I'm a messy eater.



The next day we went to Epcot. You know, the park about the future. For me Epcot translates to "Every Person Comes Out Tired", haha, but it was very fun! Lunch that day was the vegetarian platter in an asian stand inside the "Seasons" which is the place in Epcot that has soaring and other rides. Man, I loved this dish, it was very tasty...oh, and I was so happy when the four persons standing before me in line ordered the same thing.




That night we had dinner in France.....no, not that France. You know how Epcot has a part were they have a lot of countries lined up and you get to "visit" them. Well, most of them have resturants, we had dinner in France. Let me tell you that the waitress was the sweetest thing ever, she was so nice and assured me that she was going to talk to the chef about what he could make for me (because I'm vegan, and there were only vegetarian dishes and meat dishes on the menu). She returned and told me that the chef was very happy to make me a rataouille and a salad on the side. I happily ordered that. She returned with a big plate with the rataouille and a beautiful green bean salad. The tomatos were the star of this dish, I don't know what they put in them but it was some sort of acid that just made the flavor explode in your mouth, I couldn't stop raving about this dish. Oh and for dessert I had a strawberry sorbet, delicious!







The next day was back to Hollywood studios to finish up the rest of the rides, I even got on the tower of terror, between you and me I almost peed myself, but it was fun hehe.





Lunch that day was a great eggplant sandwhich with sundried tomato pesto and a bean salad on the side. Amazing!



Dinner was so much fun that day. We went into a resturant that had like cars lined up and your family got into one while an old movie played on a big screen, oh and the waiters had roller skates on, it was so much fun! Dinner was delicious that day too. I ordered a mango glazed tofu on top of wild rice. I thought the dish was going to be sweet because of the mango but was pleasantly surprised when the dish was savory and full of flavor. This dish would convince any tofu haters out there (MOM!)











Oh I forgot to tell you about the pretzels. Disney has two vegan pretzels, the regular pretzel is vegan, who knew?! And they also have a cinnamon apple stuffed pretzel that is just heaven. I tried both and they were great. Oh and the popcorn in disney is also vegan.

The next day was my sister's birthday. 15!!! That's like having your sweet sixteen in Mexico, so it was a big deal. We had dinner at the Cinderella Castle. We were actually inside and were greeted by Cinderella herself (you know what I mean) and got a picture, she was really nice. My cousin, Mariana, also got to have dinner with us and that made it even more special. This was one good night because I got to meet the chef, he came out to explain was he could make for me. I just have a thing for chefs, I was more excited when I saw a chef than when I saw Mickey (I know I'm a big dork). Chefs make art on every dish and that's awesome!



I had a pasta dish with ALOT of gralic, that was great because I love garlic. Oh, it also had asparagus!



For dessert I had a rasberry sorbet, delicious and so refreshing. I also had a salad before the entree but I forgot to take a picture, besides I was the only one taking pictures at food....weird.


The next day we went to Animal Kingdom, it's my favorite park! I love seeing all the animals, and I love it because they are not in cages. Because the Animal Kingdom closes sooner than other parks that night we went to Downtown Disney....and oh my God, we saw "La Nouba" by Cirque du Soleil. It was the most amazing show I've ever seen in my life! So much talent. We got to sit in the very first row, we had the show right in front of us and it was just the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I really don't know why circuses with animals still exist, if you want to know more about why animals in circus is cruel click here.



After that incredible show we went to Planet Hollywood for dinner. I got to meet a chef there too! She was so nice and walked me through the menu. I ordered a hot and sweet kind of pasta dish. It was spicy!!!! But the falvors were right on.



I'm going to cry as I continue to write because I'm comming to the end of the trip. The next day we went to Magic Kingdom in the morning and I had tofutti Ice cream, yep, they have vegan icecream. They also had Rice Dream.

At night we went to Epcot and had dinner in the "Rose and Crown" which is the resturant featured in England. This was the best dinner ever! I'm serious, if you go to disney world you have to go to this resturant. We got seated on the outside of the resturant and got an amazing view into the lake that was presenting the fireworks show, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I ordered the vegetable curry and it was so amazing that I can't even put it into words. The vegetables were roasted, the suace was not spicy at all but did had a great flavor.


Our waiter was a vegetarian and he was very nice. Here's a conversation with him,


Me: I'm a vegan

Waiter: Vegan? Okay, let me walk you through the menu


Me: I'll have the vegetable curry


Waiter: Vegans don't eat milk, right?


Me: No


Waiter: Oh (sad face), I'm sorry, that has coconut milk in it.


Me: I'm okay with that


Hahahahahaha, it was funny, well, at least I laughed.




Here's the dish.





Comming to an end....the last day we went to Magic Kingdom. We had lunch in "Pirata y el Perico" which is a "Mexican" resturant. We all know that what they serve is not Mexican at all but it is tasty. I had the vegetarian tacos with rice.



For dinner we went to a resturant which served like a Thanksgiving feast. We talked to the waiter (he was cute!) and he talked to the chef and they made us an opened face vegetable pot pie. It was full of flavor and vegetables. The buiscuits were amazing as well, there was one on the top and one on the bottom. I finished every bit of it.



That's pretty much it. It was a great trip and I love the fact that I got to spend time with my family....and I obviously loved the food!


I did eat more things than the ones in this post that were also vegan but I didn't take pictures. You really built up an appetite when walking around in Disney.

1 comment:

Sharon H. said...

ok...so now I HAVE to go to disney XD